Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Eubank Funeral UPDATE!

***UPDATE*** 

After contacting the "Real" Eubanks Funeral Home, on January 15th. here is the response I received from them the following day. -

Re: Funeral Home Email-
Thank you for helping get the word out about this SPAM.  We have had well over 100 calls and dozens of emails today concerning this.  Again, thank you for your help.

Brian Bass
Eubank Funeral Home
Haven of Memories
Phone: 903-567-4111
Fax: 903-567-6412
__________________________________________________________
 And I received this nice e-mail from someone who had read my post. I am removing Identifying information as there is no need to share it. Plus, I hadn't mentioned that I was posting this on my blog.

From: Amy S.
Sent: ‎January‎ ‎16‎, ‎2014 ‎9‎:‎06‎ ‎AM
To: me@panglossiancurmudgeon.com

Thank you so much for posting and adding this scam to the internet.  I was able to view the email without opening it then went to the internet to see if I could find anything out regarding a hoax.  It took me a while but I did find you. 

Anyway, thanks again!!

Amy S. ~ Underwriting Assistant ~ ABC ~  GA & UT  ~  888-XXX-XXXX
_________________________________________________________

My Response to Amy,

Hi Amy,
Thank You for the e-mail, as I usually don’t get them from things I post online.

I received this e-mail from these yahoos, and it just didn’t feel right. -
 
From: Eubank Funeral Home
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎January‎ ‎15‎, ‎2014 ‎9‎:‎20‎ ‎AM
To:
me@panglossiancurmudgeon.com

Eubank
Funeral Home & Cremation Services



For this unprecedented event, we offer our deepest prayers of condolence and invite to you to be
present at the celebration of your friends life service on Thursday, January 17, 2014 that will
take place at Eubank Funeral Home at 11:00 a.m.

Please find invitation and more detailed information about the farewell ceremony here.

Best wishes and prayers,

Funeral home receptionist,
Arnav Bennett
Copyright 2014 Funeral Home Website Design By: Frazer Consultants LLC

I lost my mom on Dec 4, 2013 after her having complications from a stroke she had on November 13, 2013.
Up until 2 weeks ago, when I finally came back home to Wyoming, I’ve spent every minute in Florida, for the Wake, Funeral, and helping my dad out afterwards, as my mom handled all the financials, and he was really broken up. They would have had their 60th wedding anniversary on Sept. 18, 2014. 

I’ll be going back down there in 6 weeks for another month with dad, and we’ll play it by ear after that.
My dad doesn't want to come and live with me in Wyoming, and I know my siblings, or sibling will try and convince my 83 y.o. dad to move to NY near them. My dad wants none of that and he wants to stay in Florida for his the rest of his life, and be buried with my mom in Florida at the Sarasota National Cemetery. Plus, in a few years, my siblings have plans of moving down to Florida after they retire. So then my dad would have to move again? Family- sometimes they’re??? confusing… I don’t know?

I think it is pure evil for whomever thought it was a good idea to send out this type of e-mail. Someone needs to take these folks out behind the woodshed for a few minutes and straighten them out.

I mean really, who would do this to people? Just pure evil without a hint of a conscience.

Where do these evil people come from? I know we have really bad actors in our society, but this is the lowest of the low, and what, to spam about a some paper/plastic bags? Or maybe an in to get you to share personal information? Or have you download a Trojan virus? Know wonder they from out of the country,(USA) they figured we can’t touch them as they hurt fellow Americans! Now this is what our intelligence community should be working on, stopping this international organized crime.
FYI- I don't have a Target near me in Sheridan, and haven't shopped in one in years, so... just to let you know.

There are quite a few different iterations of the e-mail they had attached to the link. They used .nl domain which is the Netherlands, but they’ve also used .ca,(Canada) .ke,(Kenya) and eastern European countries. It’s an organized effort to screw with people and their money during an extremely emotional time in their lives. They probably scan all the obits and use them as their source of targets.

Take care you all and chat soon.

Best wishes always,
Bill
_______________________________________


That's it, hope no one got screwed by these yahoos. We have to work together to stop these dirtbags, and there should be harsher penalties for this kind of crime, so devious and evil it has no name, but just taking a moral low into the depths of hell! I'm a pacifist, but a 42" Louisville Slugger Just might straighten them out for a long time.
43CNA ash 01 
Good luck and good night, And be careful out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been receiving this about once a month for 6 months. Never opened it as it smelled to high heavens - why send a personal message about a funeral without naming the deceased?

Got it again today and alerted everyone on my contact list.

LEAP