Monday, January 9, 2012

Email from Senator Michael Enzi on January 6, 2012!

January 6, 2012
 
 
Mr. William Harasym
 
Dear William:
 
Thank you for sending me the report by the Project On Government Oversight regarding the difference between contract rates and federal workers.  One thing to keep in mind is that contractors have to pay taxes and federally mandated health insurance out of their hourly rate.  In their report, POGO recognized some of these limitations to their methodology.  Also, the POGO report is not the only analysis providing guidance on this issue.
 
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) has completed a number of studies on this matter at the request of Congress. As I make recommendations to the Committee on Deficit Reduction, I want to be careful not to make suggestions that could hurt the economy in the long run.  Many small businesses supplement their operations with government contracts and usually do so at a lower cost than government operated services. 
 
People in Wyoming and across the country are angry.  I don't blame them.  I've continued to work and am as persuasive as I possibly can be in advocating for good policy. I have and will continue to work hard to best represent Wyoming.  There are still options today, but there will be less tomorrow.  I'll keep working with my colleagues in the House and Senate to get this country's fiscal house in order.  Thanks for taking the time to contact me – I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as I keep working on these issues. 
 
Sincerely,
Michael B. Enzi
United States Senator
 
P.S. You can get a more complete view of all my activities in the Senate by visiting my web page and also signing up for my e-newsletter. Visit enzi.senate.gov for more information.
 
MBE:rcb

No comments:

LEAP