Saturday, January 3, 2009

OK, so I went to NY for Christmas and... (Part II)

We made it out to Shoreham around midnight. Neither of my parents were expecting me, as we kept it a surprise. My brother had told them when he left for the airport with my niece and nephew that they were heading to Roosevelt Field Mall, to do some shopping for Christmas presents. Liar, Liar, pants on fire. But it worked. If everything happened the way it was suppose to, (When does everything happen the way it is suppose to?) we would have been home around 9-9:30pm, and my dad would not have gone to sleep, etc, etc. But dad was in bed, as he still gets up at 5am every morning, and does his 2-3 mile walk. Mom was still awake. We came in from the garage into the laundry room. My brother was explaining why they took so long shopping, and I came in. My mom wasn't facing my direction, but looking the other way at my brother and her grandkids, and I walked up behind her and said, "Hi Mom." She turned around, and the look on her face was priceless. And she said, What are you doing here? Hello, it's the holidays. Anyhow, it was nice. Dad would have to wait till the next morning. We all played it out real good, and they had no indication I was coming. I would be staying in the basement, and my folks were on the 2nd floor, in the guest bedroom.

Sunday morning was cold and crisp. I woke up around 8am local time, and slowly worked my way up the stairs. As I came around the bend in the staircase, my dad was seated on the couch in the living room, watching something? He sees me, and his expression is like, who is that? And what are you doing here? He too was shocked by my visit, so our plan was carried out successfully. The luggage had still not arrived...

No comments:

LEAP